You must complete the online application and submit all application materials to be considered for an internship placement. Complete applications are due by 4:00pm on February 6, 2015. The application is two web pages (not including this page):
- Personal Information (Answering questions regarding gender, race and disability are optional. However, consideration may be given to applicants from under-represented groups.)
- Academic background & interests, Essay, Resume, Transcript and Recommendation.
You can save each page and move on to the next page or come back to it later (as long as you saved it).
During the application process you will need to provide:
- Name and email address for a faculty member who will provide a letter of recommendation
- Electronic version of your college transcript (scanned hard copies if electronic transcripts are not available)
- Indicate your top three choices for an internship placement
- Personal essay of 1,000 words or less describing:
- How your participation in a RACC research internship will contribute to your future goals and career plans.
- Which area(s) of research are of interest to you.
- How your background has prepared you for this internship. Any previous research experience you've had, if any.
Applicants are encouraged to learn about the faculty doing research in their areas of interest and identify their top choices for potential mentors in the application (see “Research Project Descriptions”).