Calendar of Events
7/16/15 - 2015 SBIR/STTR Regional Summer Session
The Maine Technology Institute is hosting a financing event for entrepreneurs and small businesses to meet with officials from federal agencies representing the Small Business Innovation Research and Small Business Technology Transfer (SBIR/STTR) programs. Find out how to tap into the largest source of early-stage research and development funding for innovative technology in the US providing more than $2.5 billion each year to small businesses across the US to help entrepreneurs take their ideas from laboratory to market!
The agency directors participating in the 2015 SBIR/STTR Regional Summer Session represent funding for the:
- National Science Foundation
- US Department of Agriculture
- US Department of Energy
- US Department of Homeland Security
- Defense Advance Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- NASA (invited)
One-on-one appointments will also be available to meet with:
- Joe Migliaccio, MTI's Director of Business Development
- Kris Burton, Director of Technology Commercialization at UMaine
* Registration for one-on-one appointments will be open soon! (Watch for email instructions after registration for the Summer Session)
Who should attend?
Small business owners, entrepreneurs, researchers, scientists and inventors with new and innovative technology, service providers, consultants to understand the program and how they may assist applicants in preparing competitive proposals, corporate partners and non-profit research institutions looking for partners for technology transfer of new and innovative technology or interested in starting their own business.
Location: Clarion Hotel, Portland
Time: 8:00 AM - 4:30 PM
Cost: $20.00 includes lunch
If you have any questions, please contact Lou Simms at (207) 588-1015 or by email, email@example.com