|As part of VT EPSCoR’s ongoing efforts to support private sector growth for small businesses in Vermont and training in scientific and technical communication, VT EPSCoR is sponsoring the #FutureFormula Pitch Contest on Sept. 7 at the upcoming Catalysts of the Climate Economy National Innovation Summit on September 6 – 8, 2017 at UVM.|
Catalysts of the Climate Economy: A National Innovation Summit
September 6-8, 2017
As leaders in climate economy innovation, business, and policy, you are invited to cc:econ: Catalysts of the Climate Economy Summit – a national innovation summit in Burlington, Vermont with entrepreneurs, investors, and visionary leaders who are accelerating economic development by solving the unprecedented challenges presented by climate change. Hear from leading Climate Economy innovators, contribute ideas, collaborate with peers, and spark action as we gear up for the next stage of economic development and prosperity in a low-carbon future.
The Summit will feature:
- Speeches, roundtables, and discussion groups with industry leaders such as Jigar Shah, Generate Capital; Danny Kennedy, CA Clean Energy Fund; Dan Reicher, Steyer-Taylor Center for Energy Policy and Finance, Mary Powell, Green Mountain Power; Lindsey White, Ceres; Alex Keros, General Motors; and other key leaders from Patagonia, Seventh Generation, LO3 Energy, Empower, Sealed, Fetzer Vineryards, and more.
- A keynote address from environmentalist, entrepreneur, and author Paul Hawken
- a #FutureFormula Pitch Contest for entrepreneurs with a chance to win a $15K seed investment prize
- A celebration with live music from Kat Wright and food trucks
- Innovation Tours to emerging climate economy models in Vermont guided by industry leaders.