Leadership and Cultivating Awareness
- Adams, M., Bell, L.A. & Griffin, P. (Eds.) (1997). Teaching for diversity and social justice: A source book. New York: Routledge.
- Stone, D., & Patton, B. (1999). Difficult conversations: How to discuss what matters most. New York, N.Y.: Viking.
- Culturally Responsive Leadership in Higher Education by Santamaria (Publisher = Routledge 2016)
- Driskill, Qwo-Li. What are you talking about? Why should I cut my dreads? What's wrong with a Mohawk?" Answers for White People on Appropriation, Hair and Anti-Racist Struggle.
Prejudice and Discrimination
- Gioseffi, D. (1993). On prejudice: A global perspective. New York: Anchor Books.
- Nelson , T. The psychology of prejudice. 2006. Boston, MA. Allyn & Bacon
- Stockdill, B. (n.d.). Transforming the ivory tower: Challenging racism, sexism, and homophobia in the academy.
- Kerbo, Harold R. (2000). Social Stratification and In equality: Class Conflict in Historical, Comparative, and Global Perspective. New York, Boston San Francisco: McGraw Hill Companies.
- Clare, Eli. (1999). Exile and Pride: Disability, Queerness and Liberation. Cambridge, MA: South End Press.
- Epstein, D., & Flynn, S. (2003). Silenced sexualities in schools and universities. Stoke on Trent, UK: Trentham Books.
Racial, Ethnic, and Cultural Diversity
- Ching, D. (2012). Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders in higher education: Research and perspectives on identity, leadership, and success. Washington, DC: NASPA-Student Affairs Administrators in Higher Education.
- Toomey, S., & Chung, L. (2012). Understanding intercultural communication (2nd ed.). New York: Oxford University Press.
- Dikotter, F. (2015) The Discourse of race in modern china. Oxford Press. NY
- McIntyre, Alice. Making Meaning of Whiteness: Exploring Racial Identity with White Teachers. Albany, New York: State University of New York Press, 1997.
- Leonard, M.F. (2003). Struggling for Identity: Multiethnic and Biracial Individuals in America. In Gonzalez, A., Houston, M., & Chen, V. (Eds.). Our voices: Essays in Culture, Ethnicity, and Communication. (pp.228-239). Los Angeles, CA: Roxbury publishing.
- Nakayama, T. (1994). Dis/orienting identities: Asian Americans, history, and intercultural communication. In Gonzalez, A., Houston, M., & Chen, V. (Eds.). Our voices: Essays in Culture, Ethnicity, and Communication. (pp.12-17). Los Angeles, CA: Roxbury publishing.
- Spring, Joel. (2004). Deculturalization and the struggle for Equality: A brief History of Dominated Cultures in the United States