September 20, 2018
For UVM Non-tenured faculty
Call for Pre-Proposals: NSF EPSCoR FY 2019 Research Infrastructure Improvement Track-4: EPSCoR Research Fellows (RII Track-4)
The National Science Foundation Experimental Program to Stimulate Competitive Research (NSF EPSCoR) has announced the following funding opportunity: Research Infrastructure Improvement Track-4: EPSCoR Research Fellows (RII Tack-4). Only three RII Track-4 proposals may be submitted in response to this solicitation by any single organization in a RII-eligible jurisdiction.
- RII Track-4 provides opportunities for non-tenured investigators to further develop their individual research potential through extended collaborative visits to the nation’s premier private, governmental, or academic research centers.
- There is a limit of three proposals from each submitting organization.
- PIs must be Non-tenured faculty members (both those who hold tenure-track appointments but have not yet received tenure, and those who hold long-term non-tenure-track positions). Postdoctoral appointments are not eligible.
- Proposals may focus on any area of science or engineering that NSF supports.
- Host sites for fellowship projects must be located within the United States, its territories, or possessions and should be outside their EPSCoR jurisdiction.
- Support Letters will be required for those proposals selected to move forward (at least one letter of support from each of: the PI’s Dept. Chair or Dean; the Research Collaborator/s at the host site and; the host institution).
This announcement is to allow you as much time as possible for preparation for the pre-proposal process. The FY 2018 solicitation is still in effect for the 2019. https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2018/nsf18526/nsf18526.htm The eligibility list will be updated as needed, but that will not affect Vermont.
We ask that you submit a 3-page pre-proposal by 4 pm on January 16, 2019 via firstname.lastname@example.org that addresses:
- A project description and a statement about how the fellowship collaboration will benefit the PI career trajectory and their home institution and/or their EPSCoR jurisdiction.
- The name of the host site and proposed collaborator/s
- A Letter of Support from the PI’s Chair or Dean confirming support of the project and that release time will be provided (may be outside the 3-page limit)
- CV of the PI (may be outside of the 3-page limit)